What is the methodology used in teaching futsal?
The main characteristics of futsal methodology is to create a training environments that simulates game like interactions that develops a players creativity, imagination and tactical problem solving.
This Methodology has three main objectives:
- Students are incentivized to find their own creative approach to problems brought on by the game.
- Players develop technical, tactical abilities through physical games
- Develop SOCCER IQ through reading and understanding game decision-making
- Players are encouraged to develop their own unique style of play
- Develop intelligence in players through constant reading, understanding, and decision-making
- Developing their tactical intelligence – allowing players to solve problems that occur in the games
FIELD POSITIONAL COMPETENCE
- Increase understanding of all positions on the field
- Games are structured to maximize speed of play with quick transitions from defensive to offensive positioning
This methodology will be divided into 4 stages during the season:
1.) Technical Development in simple situations: We teach all the technical foundations, encouraging players to perform a large number of passes, movements, finishing etc. through games with simple rules.
2.) Individual Tactical Aspects and Contextualized Technical Improvement
- Improve the technical skills through games with more complex requirements
- Challenge players experience by placing them in more difficult tactical situations
- 1 v 1: Offensive & Defensive
3.) Tactical Aspects Concept and Decision-Making in Small Groups:
We work several important concepts by how to occupy space with the ball in a group. For Depth, mobility, support, and compression are all concepts that will be studied so that students understand how to apply these concepts in each field region.
4.) Tactical Concepts and Decision-Making in Small Group Play:
All are concepts are evaluated for the students to understand how to apply these concepts in each area of the field.
- Two Principals of Organization on the Field
- Understanding depth and field organization
- Player positions in different formations
How to occupy space when you have the ball and develop correct positioning when you do not have the ball.
Important Futsal training concepts: